Biblical tradition is ripe with the number 40.
- Noah had his 40 day of rain (as God waited for the gutters to back up*).
- Moses led the Israelites through the desert for 40 year.
- Both Saul and David reigned for 40 years.
- Christ was isolated himself for 40 days so that he could face down temptation. (And thus the 40 days of Lent.)
And in my life:
- I work exactly 40 miles from home.
- Valerie and I are both in our 40’s
- I have lived most of my life relatively near highway U.S.40.
Hard to photograph… but a significant number throughout history and in my life.